This week has been really busy despite the cold, wet weather and school holidays. (Those who don’t live in Sydney may not know that school holidays change the traffic (less), the shoppers in Mosman (fewer – they go away or care for their grandchildren!) and the vibe (not as frantic)). Among our tasks this week…
- We booked a 5-star river cruise for a couple who want to travel from Budapest to Amsterdam in late August. Our customers chose a luxury vessel which was built in the 1990s to combine the charm and leisurely luxury of the 1930s with the best in modern service and cuisine. Many cruises are not advertised and this couple just fancied such a holiday – so it was great that we were able to find what they wanted – and book it.
- A young Indonesian friend wanted to travel to Argentina, but on an Indonesian passport. Not as easy as travelling on an Australian passport so we had to contact one of our visa processing specialists and expidite the necessary interview as he wanted to leave soon. Visas can be a problem and it is only when you are in a situation such as this that you appreciate the specialist knowledge about processing and likely turnaround.
- Another couple were keen to cruise the Mediterranean and wanted to know what was available at a certain time. The Mediterranean is a busy and popular cruising arena and it can be daunting when the brief is so wide, but, after checking with our wholesalers we found them a cruise they never would have discovered on the internet.
- Cunard announced their 2012 program – which as always will be hugely popular with regular and new cruisers who want to experience travelling on one of the great Queens.
- In Britain, the consumer authorities have issued a warning to those booking travel on the internet that they are at risk of being ripped off by online bargains that are a figment of the website’s imagination! When booking and paying online some folk get so excited they hand over their hard-earned cash before actually checking that the website is an authentic travel agent. Occasionally we have a customer who had been misled by what they have found on the internet – we will always help where we can, but of course we would prefer customers to book their travel with us – we can get just about all the deals you see on the internet and much, much more – and we are licenced travel agents! here’s a photo of us (Biba and Martin) on board a cruise ship visit recently.