I’m flat out without her so it was wonderful to get an email today from my consultant, Biba who is enjoying the pleasures of the Queen Mary 2 as it sails from Los Angeles to Sydney on its 2009 world voyage.
“We are in ‘heaven’ and enjoying every single moment on the incredible one and only Queen Mary 2.
“A typical day consists of the following:
- early morning walk round the 600M deck
- 10 – 15 mins in the gym using the deluxe equipment
- beginners’ bridge classes
- lectures in the Royal Court Theatre
- RADA workshops
- games – backgammon, trivia etc
- dance classes – tango/rumba etc.
- volley ball/paddle tennis/pools + spa
- afternoon French lessons (for me)
- enjoying dinners whilst listening to the beautiful sounds of the harp ( the photo is of the Britannia Room)
- Jazz Club or Caribbean Band VIBZ or Party DJ in G32.
Breakfasts, lunches and dinners are unbeatable, the cuisine outstanding, and the service is at all times very personal and attentive to the very last detail!”
Ahh – doesn’t it sound wonderful!
Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 arrives in Sydney on February 26 after visiting Honolulu, Oahu in Hawaii, Pago Pago in American Samoa and Auckland, New Zealand on the way. She departs on the same evening for Yokohama, Japan and on to Asian and Mediterranean ports before arriving in Southampton. (There’s a slide show of the Queen Mary’s last visit to Sydney Harbour on the side of this blog)
You can find out more by emailing me now – firstname.lastname@example.org – and Biba will be pleased to tell you more when she returns.